$20,000.00 from profits from fiscal year 2019
PPI is a Seattle-based, volunteer-run non-profit organization that supports development work in India. PPI was founded on the concept that help to the underprivileged should go beyond conventional charity. They fund numerous grassroots organizations in India executing innovative projects. PPI is guided by these ideas:
- Provide funding for programs that have the potential to become self-sustaining and make people self-reliant
- Provide seed money for development projects
- Promote innovative programs that remove obstacles faced by marginalized communities
- Work directly with local organizations and volunteers and maintain regular communication with them
- Encourage new ideas that involve people’s participation in issues such as environmental awareness and forestation
World Centric has been supporting PPI since 2009, the very beginning of our giving program. They are a rare exception to our program in that our grant goes into their general fund, supporting a wide range of projects that they select. PPI then reports back to us on the projects they were able to fund with our donation.
PPI supports 5 project areas:
- Vocational Skills Training
- Sustainable Farming
- Child Welfare
- Bio-sand Filters for Clean Drinking Water
- Tree Planting
You can learn more about their current projects here.